Aug. 26, 2022
What Would a Recession Mean for the Housing Market?
- If you’re wondering what a potential recession could mean for the housing market, here’s what history tells us.
- In four of the last six recessions, home prices actually appreciated, only falling during the early 90s and the housing crash in 2008. Mortgage rates, though, declined during each of the previous recessions.
- I do not consider what happened in 2008 to be a "typical" recession - it was more like a depression. I do not think the current talk of a recession is anything like what we went through in 2008.
- If you have questions about buying or selling a home in today’s market, let’s connect - call, text or email me at 770 722-7010.
- I love talking real estate so do not feel like you are bothering me - if you have questions I am here.